Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No Wasted Seeds

Funny how you can recognize a theme, even if you're not really paying attention. And yet, in this I am paying attention. When I went to visit my sister, I listened to my ipod on the plane. I started a journal at that point, because I heard the message that the music, that God, was repeating over and over. I wasn't paying attention then, but when I did notice, I sat up and paid attention. The message then was that I needed to surrender my life - I heard that message in song after song. And I have.

Now - and now I am paying attention, and what is the new message that I'm hearing/seeing/reading? It's all about seeds, planting and growth. My very first post was the Parable of the Sower - where I posted about people (me) being in different places at different times. I suggested that many seed was wasted on me when I wasn't ready. Ahhh, but no, I am seeing different now.

In my devotional yesterday, the title was "God Planted A Garden ... There He Put The Man Whom He Had Formed." And yesterday I listened to a sermon from Crosswinds, and my takeaway that is relevant to this post, is a message from Genesis. We were created from earth, created for His purpose. My devotional this morning is a continuation from yesterday, titled the same. Here is a quote: ... God's got some stuff planted that you haven't seen or experienced. You're still becoming what He planted" Four instances, same subject. Earth, soil, seeds, growth.

I love hearing, recognizing and understanding what is being shown. You're not the same person you'll be in six months, or six years from now ... You have to have faith, and patience otherwise you'll miss what God has for you.So all those seeds, maybe not so wasted eh?

No comments: