Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Found It!

Wow - I went looking for the "Life Soundtrack" list of favorites and I found it. It only covers the past 10 years or so, although there are a couple of songs from further back. The favorites list is so old though, most of the links are dead now. Oh well, I can always find them again:



The meanings of some songs change with time too. Here's my list and the era from my life for which they are relevant:
Chuck's Songs
Kenny Logins - Danny's Song
When we had Josh, this was relevant
People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one
And we've just begun, I think I'm gonna have a son ...
And even though we ain't got money
I'm so in love with ya honey
Everything bring a chain of lo-o-o-o-ve

Crosby Stills Nash and Young - Our House When we moved into our house, although we only had one cat
Our house, is a very, very, very fine house.
With two cats in the yard,
Life used to be so hard,
Now everything is easy 'cause of you.

We really had been in love. Before everything fell apart.

Sarah McLachlan - Angel Everytime I hear this, I think of Chuck
In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there

Sarah McLachlan - I Will Remember You and again
And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Peter Gabriel - I Grieve Wow, can't even explain this one, you'll have to read the lyrics yourself because it's the whole song.

Mark's songs
Andrew Gold - Thank You for Being A Friend
- This one was his during the years before Chuck died.
Alanis Morrisette - Head Over Feet - This one was and is always Mark's song
You've already won me over in spite of me

And now this post gets cut short because it is so long already and I'll continue with the rest of Mark's songs ...

No comments: