Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Parable of the Sower

Mark 4:1-20

At different times in life, we are all different kinds of people. At age 14, I was the second example, where the seed was sown, but I wasn't ready and had no roots. Then for years after, I was the barren rocky path, no chance for the seed to take root.

But God kept putting me in the life of people who had more seeds. Many a seed was wasted on me, but I think all that time, those friends and people were softening my hardened ground.

Then, without even my knowing, I was sent/placed in a position where all the prepping and ground work that had been done, making my soil ripe and ready to receive the seeds, and I was ready receive the gift.

And here I am now, ready for the next steps in my journey.

1 comment:

rephair said...

Diana,
I think we ALL go through times in our lives when we feel (and ARE) more fertile or barren. I also think this continues, even after we make a choice to accept Christ, which is why it's so important to have good solid friends (fellow vines/trees) helping to hold us up sometimes.

I'm really glad you started this blog. Who knows, maybe it will inspire ME to step out of my safety zone and do the same. :)

Hugs and Love,
Rachel

ps-Don't forget, you help keep others fertile, too. :-)