Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Stuff

My week of randomness:
  • My sister arrived on Tuesday for a week visit. Of sorts. Her husband had a conference at Squaw Valley for the week. Then they were going over to Chico to visit the Sierra Nevada Brewery. But the roads had chain requirements so they're here a day early.
  • It SNOWED this weekend. Dusted. a little. More is better. Ski season is waiting.
  • Got news this week about "big changes" ahead for my job. Good news is I didn't totally flip out and cry myself crazy. This is always a good thing. God Bless St John's Wort.
  • Meant to donate platelets on Saturday, but had scheduled myself for whole blood not platelets (user error) so I rescheduled.
  • We went out to lunch on Saturday with Sheila and Hilly ... last minute invited Danny to join us and he and his wife Stephani actually showed. Very exciting fun times. Steph connected me to the next point...
  • Reconnected with an old climbing friend, Rick. Would make me quite happy to be able to post 'went climbing with Rick this weekend' type posts. Most happy indeed. We'll see.
  • Climbed in the gym with Danny on Sunday, my finger joints are not happy with me. Aging. Such is life.
  • Got the tree today - sister's husband and my nephew Hans (age 23) got it in the stand and put all the lights on - then my Alison actually helped Hans decorate it - and I helped. This is the first year in forever that it wasn't just me, which was rather nice.
  • Was emailing a friend about a scrpiture that I didn't know the reference I'd said: He knew me before [I even was] but then another friend informed me of the scripture, and I was surprised how close I was: Jeremiah 1:5 "...I knew you, before you were born ... " Huh - I was pretty darned close.
Yeah, so that about wraps up my week in review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a week! Glad to hear you took the news without losing it ... you are one tough cookie. Now I'm curious to know what the news was. I'm sure I'll find out eventually. :)Glad you had a nice visit with your sister and that you had help decorating.