Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday's Favorite

Here's a quote I'm sure you've heard before:
Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Others stay awhile, make footprints on our
hearts and we are never, ever the same.
and to this list I want to add the following people who have all touched my life. Some have come and gone, others are here still with me. I'm deliberately leaving family I was born with/into off the list, although they're remarkable) :
  1. Mark
  2. Chuck
  3. Aunt Dottie (Alma Dorothy - who's name means nourishing soul and gift from God)
  4. Sheila (Until Sheila, I didn't remember what it was to have a girlfriend)
  5. Romy (who sent me a card with the coolest picture of her)
  6. Victoria (aka Toria)
  7. Risa Scranton (bestest friend for years, even after I left Albany)
  8. Lynne McCoy (I wonder if I could restore this friendship?)
  9. Rick (glad we've connected again)
  10. Danny (Goof)
  11. Stoney (many reasons)
  12. Joseph (innumerable reasons)
  13. Chicken Joe (happy to not have him a part of my life now, but he did shape me)_
  14. Neil Nordmann (he spelt his name ei - he was my first best guy friend)
  15. Casey Wimmer (after so many years since college, still a very dear friend)
  16. Nancy J. Darnell (God made us friends, love made us sisters)
  17. Diana Tanner aka Ditto
  18. Marcia Ianacone (could contact her again)
The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
and in writing this list, I got to Chuck and tears welled in my eyes. I am never the same. Each of these people, and so many countless others, who do count, shaped who I am.

No comments: