Friday, October 31, 2008

VOTING?

My favorite blogger, Brody Harper, had asked us to"Be Honest" when he asked if we were going to vote.

I really meant to vote early. I really did. But for many reasons I can't even recall, it didn't happen. So, if I do vote, it will be on Tuesday with the rest of the procrastinators. I talked with my coworker Sarah today about the candidates and the issues we've got on the ballot (I really don't care a rats butt about the top office, the lesser of two evils is still evil and I can't get behind either of them) ...

Anyway, we were talking about how you know who's behind what issues. My friend Danny had Googled for information about them, and Sarah had used a state website. I was using VoteSmart.org but am no Googling for people in positions not on VoteSmart. Sarah's comment was that she flat out didn't vote for someone if they didn't have a website.

That is a brilliant plan I think. She made such a good point when she said "if they can't bother to let the public know what their positions are on issues, how then can they expect people to vote for them?" So I'm with Sarah. I've got my pre-ballot all highlighted and am ready to take it with me on Tuesday.

If I go.

No comments: